Katerina started practising as a barrister and solicitor in 2006 and has been a barrister sole since January 2016. She has a broad range of commercial, civil and regulatory litigation and dispute resolution experience, including unit titles-related matters.
Katerina is now a member of City Chambers. Previously, Katerina worked at Meredith Connell for 6 years, acting for both private clients and government departments including the Commerce Commission, Inland Revenue, liquidators and a listed Australian property funds management company. Katerina also spent 1½ years at a boutique insurance litigation firm, Fee Langstone (previously, Jones Fee), acting for insurers primarily on material damage and professional indemnity-related insurance disputes.
Katerina chairs the Avoka Apartments Body Corporate and committee and is on the executive of Strata Community Association NZ.
Areas of Practice
- General commercial and civil litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Contractual disputes
- Unit titles advice and disputes
- Insurance law
- Competition law
- Successfully obtaining orders from the High Court for a unit owner in relation to a scheme settled under the Unit Titles Act: Body Corporate 198072 v Bank of New Zealand  NZHC 1731
- Providing Unit Titles Act-related advice
- Providing advice to an individual in relation to a Commerce Commission cartel investigation into New Zealand conduct and also advice in relation to conduct in Australia (2016)
- Acting for brokers in a negligence case regarding the extent of insurance cover arranged for a Christchurch apartment complex. This included a separate issue determined by the Supreme Court: Firm PI 1 Ltd v Zurich Australian Insurance Ltd  1 NZLR 432
- Acting for the Commerce Commission in proceedings against airlines and freight forwarders in relation to worldwide air cargo and freight forwarding price-fixing cartels (2009-2014)
- Obtaining judgment against a company director for failing to maintain accounting records: Walker v Ariyathas  NZHC 1648
- Successfully opposing on behalf of the Commissioner of Inland Revenue an application to have a creditor proposal approved: Re Wang, ex parte Commissioner of Inland Revenue (2011) 25 NZTC 20-012
- Prosecuting District Court criminal jury trials
- Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand
- Auckland District Law Society
- Auckland Women Lawyers Association
- Competition Law & Policy Institute of NZ
- New Zealand Bar Association
- New Zealand Law Society
- Strata Community Association NZ